View Single Post

Old 09-08-2013, 01:01 AM

Liked 890 Times in 263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBK View Post
So what you are saying is glock never had any issues with any of their guns?

How many of the Competitors were sued by Glock for building a product close enough to theirs that Glock won?

How many SD's have kaboomed for unsopprted chambers like the Glock has had issues with? How many SD's eject brass directly into your face gen 4 glock style?

To the best of my knowledge none.

So at the very least the SD has the Glock beat there.
If you research 90% of kabooms were due to bad hand loads. You put a bad round in anything it will blow up.

Also the ejection thing goes across the board. My SD does it. So do some of my third gen smiths. My Berettas. My sigs. That's a very tough issue.

And the copiers....exactly what they are. They didn't make thier own gun. They copied a Glock and got sued. Hence why Glock won. Glock got it right and others want to make $$ off it. I'm an armorer. I've seen people blow up Glocks. All of them caused it by doing what Glock says don't do haha.

But then again I'm speaking personally. In my opinion......I trust my Glock. More than I trust my SD. But I also trust my Taurus pt1911 a heck of a lot too.

Bottom line. Glock makes a very durable and reliable pistol. Its a combat pistol. Its meant for one thing and one thing only. To work. Even if you're getting brass in the face. Everyone wants to make the new age Glock. The next best thing. Which is great. And day someone does it. I'll buy it. But until it handles the same abuse its just another gun to me. A Glock is a simple tool used to defend ones life by taking another effectively and reliably. It wasn't built as a plinker. Or a competition piece. It was meant to be abused beyond normalcy and still fire. No erganomics, no fancy manual safeties. No beauty. No special bells and whistles. And for its original purpose. It can't be beat. Not yet anyway.....does the SD have the potential? Yeah! Has it done it? Not yet haha that's my opinion.
Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Smithsrevenge; 09-08-2013 at 01:04 AM.