View Single Post

Old 09-08-2013, 11:55 PM

Liked 1,682 Times in 594 Posts
Default Really liking my new Nikon 3x32mm p-223

I asked here a couple of weeks ago about the Nikon p-223 in 3x32mm and based on those testimonials I decided to get one and try it out. They had them at my local Wally world and the total for the scope and the rings came to about $175. I have had it out shooting a couple of times by myself and then today went with my son so he could try it out. So far I have about 500 rounds down the pipe since installing it. I have got to say that I feel this was some of the best money I've spent on a shooting accessory in quite a while. Snapping it to the shoulder it is very quick to pick up the target. We don't get a lot of long shots here but shooting from a kneeling position with the rifle rested on a padded sawhorse we are getting average groups (5 shot) of under 1" at 50 yards with a few groups at less than 1/2". The long trigger pull is probably keeping the groups from being any tighter. We're anxious to find a spot where we can try it out to 100 and 200 yards. It's pretty dense forest where I live so any of the longer shots are going to typically be across a canyon so our 200 yard targets are probably going to be 4" clay pigeons. Anyway, thanks to all who recommended it. I am very happy to say the least.

Last edited by 1sailor; 09-09-2013 at 02:15 AM.