View Single Post

Old 09-12-2013, 06:52 PM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlg View Post
Remington -Failed to extract and the next round tried to load.
Federal - Fail to eject.
Winchester white box - Fail to eject.

I am very happy for all the folks out there that got a good one (Shield). Could be I am wrong but the Shield should be able to shoot any of the three reliably. I figure someone will say it needs another 500 rounds to break it in? Shooting $200 dollars’ worth of ammo through a gun to see if is reliable is silly. At this point I am getting a little frustrated to say the least with S&W. I called my gun dealer, he said two other guys brought there Shields back with the same issues this week. He is sending a letter to S&W. I am beginning to think S&W has a real problem on their hands? I am going to be persistent and call them and keep sending it back till they get it right.
I would be frustrated too. The gun should shoot all those brands of ammo right out of the box. You are right to keep sending it back until it gets fixed.

I had a problem with a SW1911. I sent it in twice and still had the problem. Rather than send it in a third time, S&W offered me a full refund which I gladly accepted. I have nothing against S&W. They were great and I really liked the gun. I would still consider another. I think I just got a lemon.