Thread: Too much ammo?
View Single Post

Old 09-21-2013, 04:24 PM

Liked 6,261 Times in 2,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertrwalsh View Post
If your house is starting to settle crooked towards your stash then maybe you are overdoing it. Then again, ......
Foolish boy. It means you're stacking it all on one side. Ever put stuff in a pickup truck or boat. When its leaning, get more and put it on the other side. They even out just fine when you do that.

Back in my teens, I had a job at a filling station, pumpin' ethyl. We had a regular custome who drove a '60 Ferd. the guy was tall and skinny, but his wife, well, not so much. They had a daughter that took after her mother. And when she rode with them she sat behind her mother (guess the dad had his seat back too far.) When it was just mom and dad, the car was listing to starboard badly. When the 3 of them drove in, there wasn't much ground clearance at all on that side. So I guess it bottomed out more than once.

The father brought it in to see if we could do anything. I suggested to the station manager (my buddies dad) that we should just install a set of spring lifters in the coils. It worked just fine, except that side rode about 2" higher when the wifey wasn't along. Still, it beat bottoming out when she was.