View Single Post

Old 10-11-2013, 10:03 AM

Liked 469 Times in 122 Posts

Ok guys, here's my latest on cylinder throats, now that I have decided to forget about the dildoes at customer dis-service. I got the throating reamer from Dave Manson if 3 days. I bought the pilot pack because my 24 had 3 different dia. throats. Wow, no wonder it would'nt hit a bull in the backside. The smallest was [email protected], 3 were .428 and 1 was .4285. I chucked the reamer in a drill chuck not attached to a drill, but Manson sells a tee handle with a set screw that is perfect for the job. I used pipe thread cutting oil and very mild pressure on the reamer and the results were actually smoother than factory cut throats. Use masking tape to identify each cylinder hole and write the pilot size on the tape prior to starting. Check the pilots on a clean throat and look for a good snug NON interference fit. In other words, do'nt force it when your checking pilot fit. Put something under the cylinder to catch the oil and you are ready. Here are my results with a Lee cast boolit and w/gas check sized to .430. Murf
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 44 spl targets 002.jpg (82.7 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg 44 spl targets 003.jpg (66.3 KB, 108 views)
The Following 2 Users Like Post: