View Single Post

Old 10-15-2013, 08:03 PM

Liked 29,519 Times in 14,241 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMagg View Post
I know this post is old DWalt, but wondered if you remember Bob Day, I was at Wilford Hall in March of 1997 with my Dad, who was having an adult Stem Cell transplant, God Bless the United States Air Force, and fine Doctors, Nurses, and in particular a Civilian Social Worker, who supported patients and their families, (I am an Air Force Brat), and proud of it. My Dad's Dr. was a Red Headed Major, sadly I don't remember his name, but his love and respect for my Dad was a tangible blessing and encouragement to my DAD, he sent him home to the BOQ, just to get him out of the hospital for a day. I will forever be gratefull as he live another 5 years, thanks to his transplant. Anyway, I drove around San Antone, and found Bob's shop, but he was out that day. billymagg
Sorry, I don't remember that name. We had both civilians (like me) and enlisted in the USAF Gunsmith Shop, and there was a lot of turnover as the military guys rotated through. I left in late 2007, and at this time, I hardly remember anyone who was there. At that time, our principal function was making up special M9s for General Officer issue and rebuilding thousands of high-mileage M16A2s, plus the occasional special project, such as accurizing M14s, mounting sights on M249s, etc.