View Single Post

Old 10-24-2013, 11:05 PM

Liked 29,307 Times in 13,855 Posts
Default I've had a few episodes.....

I've had episodes of heightened sensitivity, nothing looks like it did before, sometimes beautiful, sometimes foreboding.

Sometimes it feels like electricity in the air, kinda like my hair bristles and it smells like ozone, especially if trouble is brewing among a crowd of people but hasn't erupted yet. (read bar fight). I believe that we have instincts left over from our caveman days but we don't usually recognize them because we have repressed them so much for so long.

Sometimes I think my endorphins kick in. Before we were married I was driving up to visit my wife, and I may have just been glad to be going to see her. It was late afternoon and I saw a splash of sunlight in a green field with trees behind it. It struck me as one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen and I still remember that moment. It was like that for just a moment all was right with the world. I didn't (don't) even use drugs.

Oh, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the lady in our church that could tell when people were going to die. It was uncanny. In a conversation with her daughter one time she said, "Do NOT let my Mama put that eye on you!" There would be conversation about people in the church in general and a person would come up and she would say, "Well, she's not going to be around too long." or something to that effect. I never knew her to be wrong. We had an older congregation so she had plenty of people to put the 'eye' on.

Last edited by rwsmith; 10-24-2013 at 11:17 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: