View Single Post

Old 10-25-2013, 11:45 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 38,387 Times in 11,802 Posts

Evil is real. I don't pretend to understand it and don't philosophize or theologize about it, I just know it's real and that sometimes my more primitive senses can detect it.

I drove past a church, of all places, a few years ago, and had a powerful sense that something awful had occurred in a room off the sanctuary. I don't frighten easily, but that one scared me.

I never researched it. I think it was a case of child abuse, probably sexual, and I doubt it was ever reported.

I sense evil in people sometimes. Not always threatening-looking people either. I sat in a fast-food restaurant in a small city near here and looked over at a woman and her rather downtrodden-appearing husband or boyfriend. I felt such a wave of rage and downright hatred coming from her that it turned my blood to sorbet. I sensed that she just might kill the poor guy with her one day, and was entirely capable of doing it. It wasn't just her angry expression--I'm a retired counselor/therapist and I know the difference. This woman was evil, and very, very sick.

I'm a skeptic about many things and like evidence to back up most claims; but I'm very open-minded about this sort of thing. We have much to learn about the less-obvious human senses.