View Single Post

Old 11-04-2013, 09:26 AM

Liked 491 Times in 210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjolnir2 View Post
I just read a thread regarding tuning up a 586 and one poster stated "Get that crown jewel S&W custom revolver for less total cost than a python, and then show those "devout" Colt followers what accuracy and precision looks like."

So… how many forum members have a Python curled up inside the safe?

Back in the 1980's when my father in law bought his first S&W 586, I wanted something different and paid $100 more for the Python ($475). Yes, we know about the current price craziness of the Python and investment angle, but how do they really compare out of the box? What did you get for the extra $100?

My impression/thoughts… I know you guys are not going to like this… but the action of the Python was better than the period S&W 586. My father in law had to send his 586 out for a $125 action job before it was on par with the Python. Fit on the 586 was on par with the Python; however, the finish (i.e., bluing) on the Python was so so well done it appeared black.

What say ye forum members?
That's so funny- I saw that post also and went on line to see
if i should send my SW rev. to have it customized. I don't own
any Colt Rev. I really like my SW 686 -I own 3 of them. They shoot great. I don't know if having the trigger work done is a good think. Having the trigger pull lighten is not safe --For me----
PS -every gun i have sold--i'm sorry i did that!!!!