View Single Post

Old 11-05-2013, 02:45 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 7,201 Times in 3,064 Posts

I totaly agree with you satx; Look at my old post #18. I see handejector doesnt agree with me/us, but my 760 is very accurate with the peep, light to carry, shoots fast and mine is in 30-06.
I also belive there is something to be said or gained from encounters with the general populace as I dont look like a SF wanna be nut carrying my innocent looking 760. It looks like a old duffer carrying a old cheap family hunting gun yet I belive I could be just as dangerous as that wanna be wearing camo with his face corked.
I will say I almost got a nose bleed years ago when I found out dad had traded his old model 64 winchester in .32 win special for it!!
I also agree with the post between us. I have levers in .357, (rossi puma) 30-30 (wichesters 94 & 64), 308, (win 88) 30-40 (old win 95 carbine) and .44 mag. (92 browning).
In short I might be by myself here, but I have a adversion to carrying military weapons in civilian circumstances. I hate black plastic and semi`s. I am a dinosaur. I just dont like the image and dont feel handicapped with all the old stuff I have. I am well aware my thinking made more sense and was more popular years ago. The newer generation, its all they know now so probley its not a big as a deal as I said, but I am what I am. Older than dirt too.

Last edited by feralmerril; 11-05-2013 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Add info
The Following User Likes This Post: