View Single Post

Old 11-06-2013, 08:00 AM

Liked 31,521 Times in 5,695 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
Others will have more information, but there were non TSW versions of the DAO pistols as well as the DAO versions. In addition there was a DAO version of the 3914 made for the NYPD as an off duty option for officers.

The difference between that gun and the other DAO pistols was that it had double strike capability, which meant that if it didn't fire the first time, you could pull the trigger again to fire it. The other guns required cycling the slide and chambering a new round.

There were some differences in the slide and frame between the "regular" DAO guns and the 3914.

Personally, I'd like a 3914 DAO if I could find one in my state since they aren't on "the list" and can't be brought in from other states. That, of course, is my problem.

I don't know that any had exposed hammers, but the hammers "sat" differently than the DA/SA guns and the 3914.

I'm pretty sure that there was a 4046 model as well and maybe some other .40 versions.
The off-duty version made for NYPD was the 3953TSW / DAO / no mag disconnect. To this day, it's my favorite Gen 3 Smith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk