View Single Post

Old 11-09-2013, 08:54 PM
US Veteran

Liked 8,689 Times in 2,312 Posts

Always 1 in the chamber.. I remember when I 1st started carrying I tried to convince myself I would have time to chamber a round and it would be safer.
I struggled with it for a few weeks and went over many scenarios in my head. I came to the conclusion on my own that if you are going to CC a round in the chamber is the only reasonable option. I worked through this with my wife who carries as well. She took more time than me to come to same conclusion. We both finally realized that in a self defense situation it as safer to have a gun with a chambered round or not to have a gun at all. And to this day we both carry all guns chambered. Even the safe guns that are there for home protection..are chambered. I have a safe full of guns. The rule for both of us is if the gun has a magazine in it it is loaded and chambered. All other guns are stored with out mags. That way in a hostile situation there is no need to try to think what is what. We also keep the loaded guns on the door rack not in the safe proper. It keeps things simple.
John 1:17
NRA Life Benefactor