View Single Post

Old 11-10-2013, 12:22 PM

Liked 96 Times in 47 Posts

I agree with carrying chambered, but would prefer a revolver for concealment, but I will say that there are a lot of variables thrown at people who have been involved in use of force incidents and the attacker has been permanently injured or killed.

In some of my training, we were drilled day and night about what deadly force means, the 7 justifications for it, and the continuum/escalation of force. This shows that you have taken the proper escalation of methods to indicate to the attacker that you will eventually kill him/her. One of these being racking a round in the chamber. It is not ideal to not carry a round in chamber, but that is one more thing in your defense should the court case arise...

You used verbal commands- "Get back, I am armed"
You unholstered and yet again, used verbal commands
You racked a round
You pointed it
They still come at you, you fired. Does that give me the most confidence in proving my side? Yes it does...is it the safest? Well, that depends on the situation. In most cases, you should not be waiting til the person is breathing down your neck because they sucker punched you around a corner before you draw.

If you dont think a lawyer would use things like "his gun was named 'the judge'...he believes he holds ultimate power", then you'd be wrong as well...
The Following User Likes This Post: