View Single Post

Old 11-11-2013, 11:15 AM

Liked 17,200 Times in 7,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastoff View Post
The solution is exactly what people won't vote for, stiff and public correction. Embarrassment works better than jail time.

Hogwash! Good people drive drunk every day. This is just another reason we don't have stiff enough penalties. Let me demonstrate...

You drop by a friend's house on a Saturday afternoon. While admiring his new engine in the garage, he offers you a beer. You have one and then another. Well, you didn't intend to stay there all day and have an errand to run so, in the car and off you go. Are you drunk? I'll bet you're over the legal limit.

I could list any number of scenarios like that above. The point is that no one intentionally gets drunk and then goes to drive. It always happens unintentionally. The trick is to get people to think far enough in advance to avoid being drunk when they get behind the wheel.

Why not just eliminate alcohol completely? This way drunk driving is never even a possibility.
Maybe, maybe not. Have you ever done a breathalizer test? Everyone processes alcohol different. For some people its a beer for others it's a liter of vodka. Me and my friends did this about 10 years ago. Bought several high dollar breathalizers and tried to see what it took to get to .08 or further. For what I found is that if I drink casually I can do a 6 pack and still reach .07. Another few beers and I hit .08 -. 09.

" Why not just eliminate alcohol completely? This way drunk driving is never even a possibility".....Um mm NO! I like alcohol. It is part of my heritage and I LIKE THE TASTE! Go eliminate guns so you won't have any killings!!! ....unbelievable!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Likes This Post: