View Single Post

Old 11-17-2013, 03:18 AM

Liked 286 Times in 94 Posts

I'm going to try and get the profile right. I may have to go off the hammer in my 1917 as someone at sometime brazed or soldered some sort of extension onto this hammer....

I did get started on the polishing. This is 120grit hand polish and I still have a long way to go. Lots of little corners and nooks on these things. I also pulled out my set of stones to work some of the heavy dings and pits. I will work the hole thing up to 240grit and just hold there till I get everything in place, modified ext.. before I go higher. I have most of the dings pits our as she sits and I will go back and take the handful of large dings and pits out as I will have to blend and re-contour radius and flats to keep those nice sharp lines and corners. I did stay away from the area where the side plate goes in as Im in the works of hunting down one that I can save the S&W logo as the one I have I would have to leave it faint or wipe it out. Since this pistol does not have the small left side logo, nor the Made In USA I think it would be nice to have some sort of marking nice and strong. Also, what is the little "W" looking thing on the left side right above the front of trigger guard?

Enjoy!