View Single Post

Old 11-29-2013, 02:53 PM
Banned

Liked 22,838 Times in 10,553 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamloops67 View Post
maybe, but at least id have looked him in the eye and told him what one ex-customer thinks.
the gunstore i frequent ,never gave in to the profiteering that went on. 22 prices are a little higher than they were before but i believe this is because wholesale prices were raised.
gun powder was/is limited to 2lbs per person ,just to spread it around fairly.
another store i use ,recently sold me their last 2 lbs of 231 for a great price. when i commented on the price he said those were from an earlier order, before the "panic". so sold them at pre-panic prices.
both the men that own these stores understand that the shooting community isnt really that big, and customer relations go a long way toward success.
I gave one the vote of walking out last year-havent been back since. That was May 2012--shortly after he first opened his doors. Several other shops here (not all of them but several) dont get my business either. In fact, I do buy from gun shops--but only from GS owners I know and or am friends with.

Southland Arms in Beasley, TX is a shop just started this year and they are doing things right. They dont make much profit on guns-maybe $25-$50 bucks per weapon. They have their ammo priced reasonably too and MIGHT make a buck or two over WM and Academy on 22 lr bricks and such. Im happy to report their new show is doing very well and you will see them at most or all the good gun shows here in Texas. Stuff they couldnt get 2 months ago--they are getting in now.

Im trying to get Brad and his partner to sign up here for a Venders deal. I think they are too busy at this time to think about or to remember to do so? Anyway, I remind them when I see them at shows.

Anyway, for GS here--all the ones ill never enter again--do NOT--care what the customer thinks and does NOT--take care of their needs. I could list a name or two--but I think that is a no-no here? Others I will go into, but dont have much time to visit them like I want-so I stick with friends and such.
The Following User Likes This Post: