View Single Post

Old 11-30-2013, 03:44 PM

Liked 1,365 Times in 483 Posts

Here's a "Salad Spinner" I found for $7 at the grocery store. Designed to spin lettuce et al to dry it before making a salad -

I think the reloading applications are obvious. I use it to wash brass in citric acid solution. Turning the crank on the top spins the colander inside the plastic housing. The clear plastic thing is microwave safe. So I heat up water, add citric acid, dump in about 200 rounds of .38 spec brass, let soak for 15 min. Then I lift out the colander portion and place it in a second spinner (I bought two). Turn the crank a few times and it spins a lot of the liquid out of the brass. Lift out the colander again and rinse in clean water. If I'm in a hurry I can leave them in the green colander and blow dry it with my compressor. If not in a hurry, I just set the colander on a towel and allow it to dry.

Next is not necessarily reloading related, but it is gun related. Those little plastic "flosser" things made to floss teeth. I never found them very useful for teeth but they're really handy for cleaning guns. Revolver forcing cone areas, auto loader slide grooves, any small gunk prone areas. The plastic "pick" end won't hurt any gun or blueing. The floss end gets up between the top of a forcing cone and top strap of a wheel gun. Apply tiny drops of oil or grease with the pick end. Cut and reshape the plastic if you like with dikes, razor blades, sand paper. They cost pennies per gizmo. Won't break or absorb oil/solvent like wooden toothpicks.

Sgt Lumpy
The Following 4 Users Like Post: