Thread: S&W 52-2
View Single Post

Old 12-04-2013, 12:49 PM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Burris Sight on M52

[QUOTE=Walton Feep;137395854]Updated photo of my Model 52-2 with Burris Fastfire III and Herrett stocks. Shooting my best scores of the season with this as my centerfire pistol. Shot a 258 on the 25 yard course last week which considering I started in April after 35 years away from Bullseye is good.

This is my first post to this forum so please indulge me if this has been already addressed.

Have any of you other S&W 52 Shooters used a reflex sight like the Fastfire or Trijicon on your Bullseye guns? If so what precautions have you had to take to maintain optical precision? I have mounted an Matchdot on my High Standard for Bullseye and recently purchased a 52-2 for the indoor centerfire gun.

I own a tool and die machine shop where I can shoot into a trap I built. The lighting is quite good and with 7000 square feet I get decent ventilation but the light levels in our local range are low enough that my open sights are getting real difficult to see and thought I might be able to use a reflex sight if it was as optically accurate as the tube type sights. I quite shooting .45 acp indoors because our range does not handle the smoke well enough for my taste. I love the smell of gunsmoke but would rather not eat it. I am hoping to find a bullet, powder, primer combination that will minimize my exposure to the smoke and figured the .38 special might help.

I appreciate your thoughts.