View Single Post

Old 12-05-2013, 01:02 PM

Liked 705 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlake View Post
I took the M&P15 Sport shooting again yesterday. All shots were from a concrete benchrest covered with a padded blanket and shooting from sandbags and rest. All ammo was Remington UMC 55 gr factory cartridges purchased from Walmart. The bolt was liberally sprayed with Breakfree CLP and the inside of the receiver was liberally wiped with the CLP. Here is my firing procedure. . . .

I did look for problems with the gas system but that appears fine. Thanks in advance for tips.
I purchased a new Sport in early October. I was just able to put the first rounds through it over Thanksgiving. Using American Eagle 223 and a Thermold 20 round mag my Sport functioned perfectly regardless of loading technique. No jams. Very accurate-3 of 5 touching at 25 yards with open sights. Empties land at 4:00 about 6 feet back. Very happy with my Sport.

From the problem you describe I suggest sending your Sport and the mag it came with back to S&W for warranty. Your Sport is basically new. At least give them the chance to evaluate it and repair or replace the upper.

My Sport had a cosmetic defect when i received it--the barrel was scratched, maybe when the FSB was installed. I bought the Sport through the Internet and the seller would not exchange. (Good reason to buy from your LGS- shame on me). I explained the problem to S&W and they replaced the entire upper under warranty.

For warranty go through customer service at the S&W website. They pay shipping both ways through FedEx and give you tracking numbers to follow progress both ways. Return delivery is to your door, but the driver needs an adult signature. I had FedEx hold my return at their service center and picked it up from their service center. My warranty return took 4 weeks. I also sent a S&W 686 revolver in for recall once, and that recall turnaround took 10 days. I've had S&W revolvers for
25+ years. Because of my experience with S&W revolvers when I bought an AR I bought a S&W.

Last edited by spad124; 12-05-2013 at 01:20 PM.