View Single Post

Old 12-05-2013, 04:44 PM

Liked 83 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipermd View Post
Supposedly the "Hush Puppy" had a latch/lock that could be engaged to allow a single shot to stop slide noise. I can not find the photo to prove it. Be Safe,
I don't know if it was the "hush Puppy", but the SEALs had a S&W M39 with a lever on the side that locked the slide.
The silencer did not have a nielsen device (not sure it had been invented yet) and was fatter than my MultiMount.

Later, Knight's Armament (I think) made a slide lock for the Beretta 9mm, in front of the trigger guard.

Let me look if I have a photo of the S&W somewhere.

EDITED to add:
Quote:
The Model 39 was used by Naval Special Warfare units during the Vietnam War.[2] The Model 39 was issued to officers-in-charge (OICs) of MST-2 detachments as their sidearm. SEAL Teams used either the Model 39 without modification or a modified version, the Mk 22 Mod 0, which was called the "hush puppy".[2] The modified pistol had a suppressor with a slide lock (which kept the slide from moving backwards upon firing, thereby decreasing produced noise) The Mk 22 Mod 0 also had raised iron sights, to provide easier sighting over a bulky suppressor. The gun's purpose was to eliminate sentry dogs or guards without alarming the main target.[1]

EDITED to add:

Last edited by DustyJacket; 12-05-2013 at 08:01 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: