View Single Post

Old 12-08-2013, 09:10 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 509 Times in 102 Posts

A Winchester model 1892 Trapper's Saddle Ring Carbine for $50. Caliber 25-20. Yes, fifty bucks...

A friend was handling the estate of her rich grandmother, and found two guns in the house. The Winchester, and an old beat up Colt .25 Auto.

She called me because she knew I was familiar with guns, and she just wanted to get rid of them. She asked what her options were. I told her that I could check on the value of the guns, and help her sell them legally, online. I emphasized that the guns MAY be very valuable... but at the time I would need to see them, do research, and let her know. Or, there were some local gun/pawn shops that I'm sure would be interested.

My friend asked if there were any OTHER options, as she wanted this issue resolved asap. It was a multi-million dollar estate, and she was NOT interested in spending effort on what MAY be just a couple of thousand dollars at best.

I said well, you or I could surrender the guns to the police when they have the occasional public "Gun Buy-Back" events... and you will receive a $50 gift certificate to Wal-Mart for each gun.

Her decision was prompt and clear, "Either you take these guns away from me for disposal to the police, or you can buy them for $50 each." I wasn't trying to rip her off, so I REEMPHASIZED that she was underpricing them. "That's no problem for me" she said. "Are you going to buy them or not?"

Out came the wallet, and home came two sweet guns.

Best wishes to all...

Roger aka Mr. Wonderful