View Single Post

Old 12-14-2013, 10:50 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hammerdown,
There is something I don't understand about removing the "rubber" piston shock absorber and operating the gun without one. You mentioned in your 2/24/12 post that "When the Shock Absorbers get really bad it can allow the pin to slam into the end of the slots denting them up pretty badly. This can cause the entire assembly to stick and create a jam." This was my experience exactly. The magazine tube was damaged, and it took a lot of work to sand it smooth again. I then replaced the old gooey shock absorber with 1/4" of black rubber heater hose (as recommended by somebody at Smith and Wesson years ago), and it has worked pretty well over the years. Recently, however, I am having an ejection problem every 12-15 shells, usually on low-powered shells. I was reading your suggestion, but I'm afraid that if I remove the shock absorber, the piston pin will slam into the bottom of the slots and damage the magazine tube again. Can you clarify for me? My ejection problem is a little unnerving, because when it jams, the little "claw" on the ejection bolt actually ends up jammed almost right on top of the primer of the live shell, which is lodged almost sideways in the chamber. It's got me feeling like I really need to fix this or stop using the gun. Thanks for any help, Tom
The Following User Likes This Post: