View Single Post

Old 12-15-2013, 04:17 PM

Liked 372 Times in 188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by db4570 View Post
Thanks for replying, Hill Country

I may not have clearly described what I was doing. The grips I am trying to put on are the factory single-piece hard plastic grip, not Hogues. The gummy Hogues are what's on it originally. Re-reading my original post I see that I erroneously described the grip I am modifying as a "pair" of grips. It's actually a single piece.

I think the "little-black-plastic-threaded-thingy-that the hammer spring fits in to" you describe is what I originally had with the CS9 factory Hogue gummy grips. I need something similar, but that will fit with the modified 3913 grip.

Sorry if I am not following this or describing it very well. I appreciate any help you can give me.

David
David - I understood that you were cutting down a 3913 grip to fit a CS9. When you do that you cut off the "socket" in the stock grip that supports the hammer spring. You can solve the problem by taking the piece that holds the Hogues in place (I didn't realize that you already had that) and using that piece with the cut down 3913 grip. You should be able to use the stock spring and cup. The block (I think Hogue calls in an insert) is usually a tight fit on the tits on the bottom of the frame, but you can pin it if you want. The problem you may run in to is securing the (modified) grips. You can either drill it for a pin or drill it for screws which will attach to the Hogue "insert". You may have to modify the "insert" a bit to make it fit inside the plastic grips, but it is easy to work with a sander or file.

Last edited by Hill_Country; 12-15-2013 at 04:20 PM.