View Single Post

Old 12-17-2013, 09:32 PM

Liked 372 Times in 188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by db4570 View Post
I think my first problem was keeping the Hogue mainspring holder insert in when I was trying to fit the grip. By the time I realized it was going to be too big as is, I may have removed too much structure from the grip itself. It sounds like I definitely need to use a trimmed down version of this Hogue insert, yes? The delrin grip itself didn't have such a pocket?

I am hesitating to grind down the original Hogue insert because I want to be able to keep this gun so it can easily go back to 100% original. Maybe I'll find another Hogue insert to screw up... I mean modify... to fit. I also have some nice black Nylon plastic block material that I might try to make one out of.
I think Tom45 has the drilling figured out - that's the hard part.

The delrin grip should have had the pocket, but didn't you cut that off when you shortened the grip?

You can make the Hogue part fit, but it takes some work. I use them to make Crimson Trace grips and trimming the block and relieving the inside of the grips is what it is all about. I use a belt sander on the block - you won't have to trim your fingernails for a while, either. If you screw up the blocks, Hogue will sell you extras (you'll need them <G>).