View Single Post

Old 12-18-2013, 09:40 AM

Liked 491 Times in 210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujax01 View Post
According to Handgunlaw.us as of 12/18/2013 the New Jersey restriction is 15 rounds. (And 1911's are fed from magazines).

New Jersey Large Capacity Feeding Devices
New Jersey prohibits the manufacture, transport, shipment, sale or disposal of large capacity ammunition magazines, unless the magazine is intended to be used for authorized military or law enforcement purposes. N.J. Rev. Stat § 2C:39-9h. New Jersey law defines “large capacity ammunition magazine” as a box, drum, tube or other container which is capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly into a semi-automatic firearm. Section 2C:39-1y
I should of said New York laws. I wanted to know N.J.also because my son lives there. I had a Sig 226 -40 cal. that holds 12 rounds. It's the only 40 i owned-- I just sold it anyway.
How about my Sig 226--9 mm-Double stack clip-holds 16 rounds... Would i be able to take that gun up to New York
if we move there ? Its the clip that not legal not the gun ??
I know i would have to leave the gun at my Daughter house in Delaware and once i get my gun lic. in N.Y.