View Single Post

Old 12-18-2013, 07:26 PM

Liked 491 Times in 210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug M. View Post
Wilson does not make reduced capacity mags for the KZ9/Spec 9 line, and for good reason. There is a long history of reduced capacity mags not working correctly, and that is such a limited production line of pistols anyway that there is no measurable market. It is not going to happen, and you will for all intents and purposes be unable to make use of this fine pistol in NY. (I have a KZ 9 and really like it, although I rarely carry it anymore.)
While Sig does make the 10 round mags, the long history of problems with such mags seems to be universal. The guns were not designed around them.
The same crud applies to retirees under LEOSA - only NY and federal retirees are exempted, which was a later amendment. I was in Rochester a few weeks ago for a family event and did not take my G33, even though I could have down loaded it 2 rounds. I did not want to have a moment of cranial flatulence. I took revolvers.
I know you have family reasons to want to move back, but frankly, I would encourage them to move and never go back, or least do the visiting to you, someplace rational, like Idaho. If you do move there, keep most of your guns out of state, get non-resident carry licenses for the rest of the north east (I don't think RI does that, but ME/MA/CT/NH do, and you don't need a license in VT), the Florida and Utah non-resident licenses, and remember not to carry the standard capacity guns back into NY.
What your saying-- Don't buy the 10 round clips from Sig ?
I heard other 10 round clips have problems but the 10 mag from sig have problems ?; [what kind of problems ?] You think i want to move --hell NO !!! Its the wife. I'm downsizing my semi anyway but i do want to keep my X6-W.C. spec -9 SW-41 Sig 226 scorpion 1911-45 that's 4 guns. The other 10 i will sell. The guns i want to keep,i will leave at my Daughters house in De. and when i come to visit her, i can shoot them. Here is why the wife wants to move. My sons baby.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg downs baby.jpg (52.0 KB, 18 views)
The Following User Likes This Post: