View Single Post

Old 12-19-2013, 10:38 AM

Liked 509 Times in 206 Posts

Bloody Mary? How sophisticated. Usually when I "KILL" a deer my buddy hands me a beer and we take an occasional pull from Jimmy Beam while skinning.

I have had the same thoughts, harvesting a deer just doesn't sound right. I tried it a couple of times at cocktail parties, trying to be sensitive to others of differing thought process, but it didn't work for me. Lately when asked what I have been doing, I say I killed two deer so far this season or whatever it may be. If I get the OMG look and the question, "How could you do that?" I go into my detailed explanation; "first you have to find yourself a deer, then you put the crosshairs right behind the shoulder and squeeze the trigger. One shot in the right place is all it takes to kill them." If they are still around after that, I tell them how a .280 to the neck really knocks them in the dirt, that I am very good at killing deer and I like it. I learned a long time ago that you change very few perceptions. Maybe if you can get a venison hors d'oeuvre down them without them knowing you may get a convert, or at least entertainment from the gag reflex. God made me a predator, I hunt, I kill, I eat. I am not ashamed of who I am.
The Following 7 Users Like Post: