View Single Post

Old 12-19-2013, 06:36 PM

Liked 2,022 Times in 725 Posts

I enjoy the show. I know the situations are scripted. I don't enjoy it as much as I use to, but it's still better than most the other shows on TV right now. Simply put, it's good fun.

That said, A&E should be allowed to do whatever they want, just like any other business. I don't think he should have been "fired". He worded his statement in a non-disrespectful manner. I also don't think other people should be fired when they respectfully disagree with the 2nd amendment. Now if Phil Robertson said, "F*gs are evil and deserve to die," then yes, I don't blame anybody for firing him, even if he was practicing his 1st amendment rights. I would have the same feelings if someone said, "All gun owners deserve to have their first born children shot to death."

My point is no matter the topic of conversation, people shouldn't be punished for practicing their 1st amendment rights as long as it isn't offensively worded. I see on a lot of gun forums, members calling for other people to be fired because they hate guns, but they support incidents like what happened to Phil. This is similar to the pot calling the kettle black. That's my 2 cents on this situation.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: