View Single Post

Old 12-25-2013, 08:01 PM

Liked 605 Times in 145 Posts
Default Obsolesence

Yes-there is not a doubt they are obsolete. Smith has rendered them that way so they can focus all of their efforts on churning out there plastic profit pistol. This is not even a debate anymore. How do i know??
I had to pass a few months ago on a PC Shorty 9mm new in the box because there were no longer 10 round mags. I live in CT and because of a horrible, evil mass murderer , i had to get 10 round mags.
I called Smith and was told point blank, they don't have any, aren't making anymore, and are "phasing out the gen 3 guns and parts". Keep in mind that the Shorty 9 is a 6906 platform which is probably (along with the 3913 and 5906) the most produced semi auto in Smith's history and THEY are telling us to stop buying them and stop looking to them to keep them selling and running.
Yes-obsolete. If you accept my story as truth, how do you argue otherwise??
That being said-i have 2 HK USP 9mm Compacts that shoot as good as any Smith PC auto i ever had and i had them all (Shorty 40's, Shorty 45's, 5906 IDPA, CQB's,) 945, 845, and i am not exaggerating) . This being said, i will never argue that HK's are nicer guns all things considered.
Lastly, Smith is really missing the boat. They could at least pick one (the 3913 TSW) and continue to make it. Why not??
The Following 5 Users Like Post: