Thread: Australia!
View Single Post

Old 01-20-2014, 05:31 PM

Liked 3,415 Times in 1,114 Posts
Default Day 6 update.

Wow....what a great place. I love OZ. Flew to Sydney Sunday with my mates after three days in Melbourne. BTW, it is properly pronounced MEL-burn. Get it right most times by now.

Sydney is more like NYC...Melbourne more like Boston or DC. Lotsa green places there.

Climbed Sydney Harbour Bridge yesterday. Was on my bucket list and what fun! Quite exhilarating. Dinner via a boat ride to Sydney Rowing Club Sunday. Gorgeous. Mostly wet and grey weather now but heading off to Bondi Beach in just a bit. (Better than home, regardless; 8 inches of snow forecast there.)

Aussies are quiet and nice. They do not like to call attention to themselves. Such a cool lifestyle. Many folks out and about enjoying themselves even late night.

Stopped at a roof top pub post-climb yesterday and it was jam packed. On a Monday afternoon. Mostly Sydney-ites enjoying a long 'weekend.'

Have not been behind the wheel yet and hope that continues. Public transit is very efficient. Road the train home from Rowing Club Sunday late night and felt altogether safe.

More soon...irregular 'net access whilst Down Unda

Cheers, mates!