View Single Post

Old 01-24-2014, 02:29 PM

Liked 91 Times in 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensterfly View Post
Those of you that have Square butt J Frames... Are you content with the carrying qualities of the Square butt? Comfort, concealability, etc.
I'd like to find a Blue M37 - a beater would be fine- for pocket carry or maybe IWB. I love my SB Model 10-5 but it's a four inch barrel which is not conducive to carry. But I sure love the feel and solid platform that the SB gives me. I'm leaning toward an RB but if the right gun at the right price came up in SB, should I take it even though I want it for pocket carry?
I carry a SB model 36 in my pocket frequently, and have no problem concealing and carrying it. I have several J frames, both round and square, and find that the SB feels a bit better in my hand. It's a subjective thing, though, and a lot of folks may have the opposite experience. You should try both and see what works best for you.

As for the OP, who dislikes J frames and is skeptical of pocket carry, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I am in a profession, and work in an office, where I have to wear business dress clothes, so unless I want to wear my suit coat all day, I can't conceal a gun in a belt or shoulder holster. Sure, I would love to be able to carry my 1911 or a full sized revolver, but that just isn't practical. A .38 J frame in a pocket holster may not be ideal, but if I need it, it's a lot more useful than the bigger guns at home in my safe.
The Following User Likes This Post: