Thread: Interarms PPK
View Single Post

Old 01-26-2014, 04:38 PM

Liked 9,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

I only have a 1937 PPK in 32acp left and shoot it occasionally. I really like the pistols (PPk, PP) and owned many over the years. A pre Interarms PPk in 22lr was a favorite carry for 35yrs.
I should have kept at least one of the like new police turn in German PP pistols in 32 that we bought for $89 in the box w/spare mag and papers!

I never had the pistols cut my hand at all. But many people do have the problem with them. You won't know till you try one out.

The .380s bark pretty good. The recoil is quite noticable in either the PP or the PPk. I'd guess the PPK/S as well though I never had one of those editions.

Interarms import era pistols are generally good functioning, but there are bad ones in the lot.
Pre-Interarms are somewhat better finished and smoother it appears at least to me.

When they started the stainless mfg'r, some were down right crude and rough compared to earlier steel mfg. They improved a lot.
It's kind of like back and forth comparing pre-war or 50's mfg SW to an 80's/90's mfg SW.
They both can work well enough, but you get to appreciating the earlier workmanship and feel.

Probably better choices for a pocket auto pistol. But I still like 'em.
I just bought a Mauser 1914. Not the best choice for a pocket auto pistol either. But I like it,,and it's one I can still pull the slide back on.

Last edited by 2152hq; 01-26-2014 at 04:41 PM.