View Single Post

Old 01-29-2014, 03:15 PM

Liked 6,944 Times in 3,312 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
I don't understand what you are trying to communicate here were you addressing me or adding to my comment? Could you restate please?
adding to your contribution .. its not directed towards you.

Its easy to find a law one feels is flawed, and get bent out of shape over it. We face a whole lot of this in the 2A fight.
It is usually best to get these things changed through the system such as through rulings of constitutionality, as was the case in Illinois. Facts worked where fury would have likely failed.

the emotionally driven methods tend to revolve around civil disobedience. It can work if the thing protested is so repulsive so as to spark the outrage of massive segments of the population .... lacking the requisite numbers to effect a change with these methods, an anemic group simply stands to add further complications to their lives, leading to further outrage, establishing a vicious cycle.

The op is upset ... he did the deed, and the price for it seems disproportionate from his point of view.
thing is .. most of the space he used expressing his issue seems to revolve around his outrage.
If this ratio of fact and emotion are also applied to his methods of dealing with his issue, its far more likely he will find himself chilling out in prison after he REALLY gets ticked off, than it is that he'll actually find resolution.

He should read and understand the law.
In most cases, if you are legal to purchase a gun, the permit is a given. In his case it may be the laws he lives by are a little more strict, The system blocked him with a false positive, or he slipped through NICS when he got his guns.

The first two might be corrected by having the issue expunged and or the denial re evaluated.
But understand that the third one in the list may come to light in the process. Do weigh that risk carefully