View Single Post

Old 01-31-2014, 08:46 PM

Liked 1,035 Times in 484 Posts

This is a great thread! It is fascinating to read how the law enforcement folks have developed an affection for revolvers through years of faithful service.

For "older" civilians like me, who have only been shooting for a dozen years since moving to Arizona, the path has been very different.

Not convinced that we really needed a carry gun, many of us started with cheap pocket sized, .380 ACP, plastic pistols. Then as enthusiasm grew, we progressed to "wonder nines" and "fotays", like the amazingly compact Kahr PM40 that fits in my pocket rather well, thank you.

At the same time, as our firearm budgets grew, we learned to love 1911's. Now, we have finally discovered revolvers, especially J-frames.

While none of the better performing plastic pocket pistols have been discarded, some of the .380 ACP versions are just hanging on by a thread since a couple of elegant, lightweight J frames arrived.

Oh, and the 1911's are also quite safe. Life is good!

If only quality, .38 special ammunition prices would settle back to where they were when started shooting J frames, we would celebrate.

Not a chance, I am certain. This stuff was originally $0.35 per round, delivered!

The Following 2 Users Like Post: