View Single Post

Old 02-12-2014, 12:10 PM

Liked 1,731 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decipher View Post
Especially when you start to consider that for just $150 more than the MOE version, you can purchase a true AR. The value is dependant on the person, but I appreciate the responses.
I think most purchase a 15-22 for other reasons than it is cheaper than an AR. The value I get from my 15-22, as opposed to my AR follows.

1) Ammo is much cheaper. My preferred ammo for my AR costs me .75. For the 15-22, I can get it for around .10.

2) My 15-22 is suppressed & is so quiet that I can shoot on my own property without disturbing the horses & dogs. This is a huge factor in allowing me to shoot a bunch... as opposed to loading up & shooting elsewhere. Only way to shoot an AR that quiet would be to go the route of .300 Blackout subsonic with suppressor, however that ammo is expensive & very hard to get.

For all the additions I have for my 15-22, I could easily have purchased another AR, however that would have gained me nothing... except for having another AR. The 15-22 gives me so much more... especially if your gun is used a lot & not a closet queen.