View Single Post

Old 02-12-2014, 11:00 PM
Banned

Liked 131 Times in 77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decipher View Post
That's a pretty smart way to add some weight. Thanks for sharing!
For me, it was a case of wanting to add a little weight for cheap. I don't fish, so I don't have piles of old lead weights laying around. Looked at local Bass Pro & Walmart for fishing weights, and it was ~$10 to get a big pack. Read of people using steel rod, but that was something else I'd have to buy. Had an ah-ha moment and wondered if coins would fit. Dimes are too light and rattle to much. A penny will drop all the way in and sit flush. I piled pennies in until the diameter was big enough for a nickel to sit flush (tube ID is not equal all the way...it continuously narrows from the back to the front). Continued with nickels until I got closed enough to the end I could press a cork in tight enough that they don't rattle. The MOE stock makes more noise than the coins do. Probably less than $1 in coins.

Of course, it's all going to waste when my F1 is approved and the barrel gets cut down to 4.5".

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesWA View Post
Also, if somebody has link to a reliable source to get genuine MBUS for $40 a set I'm ready to order a set for my AR-15!
Not $40...but I've bought about 10 sets in the last year and never paid more than $75. Deals are out there.