View Single Post

Old 02-13-2014, 07:43 AM

Liked 362 Times in 268 Posts

Magpul is definitely a respected brand in the AR community. But not the best, which would cost you way more. While the Pmag is pretty much the standard it does have its drawbacks which is the main reason most 3-gunners have switched from the Pmag to the Lancer L5 Warfighter mags. Magpul tells you that little cap is a dust cover when in reality it is designed to keep the mag lips at the top from spreading out when you leave magazines loaded all the time. Try leaving it off for a couple of weeks and see that your mags will jam in the AR and be hard to get out. the Lancers have metal lips at the top so they don't need that plus they are available fully transparent so you can see how many rounds are in them, not just a window that some of the Pmag models have. I never had an issue with my Pmags when I used them for 3-gun but I meticulously made sure the caps were on when they were loaded. I switched to the Lancer Warfighters last year, except for my 48 rd extended Pmag which I kept. I also have a couple of the new 40 rd Pmags just to try out.