View Single Post

Old 02-13-2014, 11:45 AM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default M&P 15x NIGHTMARE!

So I bought a brand new m&p 15x from a local gun store a few months back. I never shot it until recently because of hunting season and schedule. I took it out to sight it in 2 days after the season ended and found that it is tumbling bullets. I used 50, 55, and 62 grain bullets in this 1x9 twist barrel. This barrel twist is capable of accurately shooting anything up to 69gr.
I cleaned the barrel before I started shooting and after evey 10 rounds of sideway hits. After about 60 rounds of bullets slapping the wood and paper sideways I cleaned the gun and brought it inside to put a bore light in the barrel for inspection. At about the 5th groove of riffling I noticed a gouge receding from the rifling almost intersecting into the next spiral. it looks to me that the tooling that cuts the rifling broke in this barrel and was never inspected before another tool was run through it.
I called customer service and explained my issue and was told that I would receive a shipping label via email to send the rifle in for repair, that was on Monday January 27th. I had not received the label as of Friday the 31st, so I called and was told it could 3-5 days. I waited and by February 5th I called again and spoke to Robert and he said they entered my email incorrectly and I would have itby Monday the 10th. Still no email and today called and complained and fed up beyond repair at this point.
I have decided to not return the rifle for repair and will have it repaired myself and sell it after it is functioning correctly. Who knows when I would get it back if it takes over 2 weeks to get a shipping label emailed to me?
Having paid over 1100 for this rifle from one of the major gun manufacturers in the country you would think their product would have never went out in this shape. This rifle was never accuracy fired at the factory. Sure it shoots and send the round down range, but it could never stabilize the round in this condition. I have pictures of the target if anyone would like to see them.
Word to the wise, inspect your "new" rifle and shoot it before your return period is up from your purchasing store.

Last edited by Badnewz; 02-13-2014 at 03:39 PM.