View Single Post

Old 02-22-2014, 10:12 PM

Liked 441 Times in 131 Posts

Thanks for the input. I really can't find anything wrong with the Governor after more than a year of service. It just excels in everything with typical S&W quality..
Ammo seems to get better and the concept of the shot pistol is growing even stronger. Had S&W came out with this concept first, I don't believe there would be the uninformed shot pistol haters. Its amusing to see the "experts" that have never owned one or shot one tell you their "opinion". I found they seem to combine their hate of Taurus firearms and shot pistols together into some irrational rant to push their own agenda. So don't let this discourage any one curious about the Governors excellent performance and quality. FYI.....Expect a few ammo reviews and comparisons soon for the Governor from Hornady, Winchester and Federal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overthehills View Post
I have shot competitively with my 625s and my 642 Pros as I have always had a passion for the simplicity of a wheel gun. I treated myself, finally, to the Governor after getting the chance to shoot one last month. I picked it up brand new & out of the box last night at the same place we hold defensive matches. I'm a 'smith by trade & was most impressed at how "ready" it was. A bit heavy on the pull (but smooth enough) to my likes. Timing was excellent on all rachets, "sing" L,R, & center were dead on & the factory C.T. was on. Most impressive was the Scandium frame. The finish on Scandium is quite durable, I think, and it seems to hide soot. After shooting the stages (moon clipped 200gr LRNs) We experimented with PDX from Winchester-very impressive. The bulky look deceives the weight. Mine weighs in @ 30.5 oz. An average 1911 Gov weighs in at 39 3/8 oz. Just for fun, a 2 1/2 in model 19 weighs in at 33 1/2 oz. The 4" 625, by the way, weighs in at 40 3/4 oz. Oh, and to compare apple and bananas the Governor is 2 1/2oz. heavier than my M&P 9mm pistol. Definitely worth a look if you want something pretty amazing & fun- Safe Shooting!!!

Last edited by TheMystro; 02-22-2014 at 10:16 PM.