View Single Post

Old 02-23-2014, 05:56 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well thanks so far for all the info on this problem, today i called the previous owner and told him about my findings and he is going get a hold on the person he bought the gun from..the original buyer, he's gonna ask him for the original bill/invoice, that was a member from the same gunclub they where in, and that guy he told also only shot .38 wadcutters, never heavy loads, i have no reason to believe im being lied to, especially since the guy i bought it from was the chairman of that club, furthermore they had a rule that forbid the use of handloads at that club since years ago when it wasnt forbidden to use them there was an incident with someone who had a bullet that got stuck in the barrel, a squib i believe it is called,. and that got them so scared that they forbid the use of handloads from that moment on. so with all that in mind i believe that the topstrap cracks are indeed a void or some other material inperfection that happend during the manufacturing process.
im going to take this step by step, beginning with the first owner see if he maybe has the Original bill, doesnt matter if he has it but it could make things easyer, then i contact the importer firm and Smith And Wesson itself, magnaflux research can i do in a later stadium, first the official channels.
I added a couple more pics that shows that this revolver is in great shape and is practically in new condition and shows no signs of abuse, theres barely a turnline visible.
Feel free to give me any more info or your thoughts about this issue, i appreciate it.
i keep you posted.

regards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg inside.jpg (125.0 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg cone3.jpg (87.6 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg cone2.jpg (88.2 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg cone.jpg (97.3 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg cilinder.jpg (139.5 KB, 125 views)