Thread: Pie Plate Logic
View Single Post

Old 02-26-2014, 03:41 PM

Liked 64 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
The flip side of this, and I have heard this story from about every instructor I have had, is where the officer was trained at the range to pick up his brass. Then one day he was in a shoot out and his brass flew away from his cover as the shooting was going on. He reached out to pick it up and yes he got fatally hit. In his pocket, they found all his spent casings he had fired and in his hand, there was the last round he ever fired. All the training he had went out the window but the lone instruction of pick up your brass.
Oldman,
I've heard this brass in the pocket story many times. Recently I tried to locate the actual story online. (The Internet wasn't around when I was told the story.). I've been unable to locate an actual incident where the cops were killed and found with brass in their pockets. Do you or anyone else on here happen to know if the story is true? And possibly a link to the article? Even if it's not true, it makes a valid point about proper training. Sorry to resurrect an old post, but stumbled across it.