View Single Post

Old 02-27-2014, 12:08 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 13,354 Times in 5,549 Posts

Please kill the snakes. Colts are not what there cracked up to be. Do to p1ss poor workmanship I'm not really into Colts anymore.(1911/pythons) beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. It's only skin deep. I been there, done the Colt thing. I can't afford to keep on paying top dollar for a lesser quality gun. When I lose money once I write that product off. When I lose money on three guns of the same brand now there's a gap in my wallet where my money once was and that spot in my safe is empty. But now thirty years later the s&w's are filling the empty spaces finally.
Stay with the s&w's don't drop the big money on the lesser quality colt guns. The snakes did nothing for me when they weren't reliable. I wish I had the chance to slam the colt garbage on there CEO's desk. After working for one of the top ten engineering groups in the country and doing R&D plus life testing before the products went into the field I learned a lot how some companies just push junk out. When colt cut back costs the quality control dept went first. Think about it. I had three guns I couldn't ccw carry which that's why I purchased them in the first place. These were made for paper weights or throwing.

I can purchase two or three s&w's to the cost of one over priced python.

I'll pass. I've had rugers for 35 years now. I just got into s&w's. Sorry I took so long. The scalpers during the dirty Harry era turned me off on the s&w revolvers. But I'm buying a quality s&w that I know will work if my life depends on it.

Don't let the good looks empty your wallet. If you own the s&w N Frame in 357 mag you have the best already.