View Single Post

Old 02-27-2014, 04:29 PM

Liked 120 Times in 87 Posts

GKC,
I bought my 40 at a LGS for 359 plus tax. They are across the street from my house.
I probably wasted enough gas and time to make up any difference for a lesser price.

Now, I went to a gun show 10 minutes away, they had the 9mm for 329. You simply won't get one in MI cheaper unless you have a friend that is an FFL and is willing to waive sales tax and the FFL fee.
So I thought about it (after spending $3 on parking and $5 to get into the show).
So this past Sunday I went to a gun show 35 minutes away. $5 for me and my girl to get in, 5 to park. There's 70 miles worth of gas and 15 between parking and entry.
I found the same dealer, they were out. I found a dealer near the door for 339, I asked them to match so and so's price at 329 and it's sold.
They gladly obliged.

What did I really spend on the gun after time, gas, show entrance and parking...as much as I would've as if I would've gone across the street and spent $359 for a 9mm. However... They were sold out. LOL.
Moral of the story, when you spend that much time driving around, looking...and waiting, you've lost any savings you could've had. I'm older, but not too much wiser...LOL.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: