View Single Post

Old 03-09-2014, 04:34 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 1,184 Times in 162 Posts

Here are 6 more examples. I believe they are all Pre-War style boxes except the Peters Box with Remington's Bridgeport address. Remington/Dupont closed Peters Ohio plant in 1941 and moved its operations to Bridgeport.

You guys are right about the 200 gr Western loads. Not intended to be a Hi Speed penetrator but instead a "man stopper". Western also loaded the 200 gr bullet for the 38 S&W. Imagine shooting that in a Terrier!

As far as prices go, If you want one of these boxes when you want it - and that's pretty much me l- you will likely need to buy it from a knowledgable dealer and, like anything else, they always think their box should fetch the same price as a high condition full box. You can expect to pay such a dealer from a $100 or more to several hundred dollars for any of these boxes if they are full and in VG or better condition - depending of course on the rarity of the box.

If you're in no hurry and realize that you may never find the box you want at a bargain price you can take your time and try to find the box at a gun show or auction from a seller who doesn't know what he has or is desperate. I have found many boxes this way but if I depended on this approach exclusively I would not have most of the boxes I have.

Last edited by BRush; 03-10-2014 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Correct third picture.