View Single Post

Old 03-09-2014, 10:18 PM

Liked 809 Times in 422 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony2much View Post
Wow. Sorry I asked. If you look at the number of posts I've put up, you can see I'm new to this forum and if asking the wrong question is all it takes to get flogged, maybe I came to the wrong place.

I've been buying and selling guns for over 30 years, but I just purchased and have been thoroughly enjoying my first few polymer S&W M&P firearms and didn't know what to expect. It was not an effort to create a controversy over polymer vs metal, but just an honest question looking for someone who might be able to shed some light on my concerns.

Thanks for your friendly welcome and help.
Yes, welcome aboard, and its a great question, we all get a little crotchety, but there are some truly awesome, patriotic heroes and good friends on this "forum", if you look at the upper left hand of the address bar it does say forum. It does not say "guided discussion", although I'm afraid some would much prefer that, thankfully we live in a "republic" and the first amendement is about freedom of speech and second amendment is about the right to keep and bear arms. For what its worth, I am concerned as well, and I have been very impressed with the M&Ps that I have shot, although I tend to favor the 3913 as a carry piece, and 1911s, Browning BPs, as my "cardboard killers". It is the United States of America, while they are working hard to take away our freedoms, here on the S&W forum, a man can still ask an honest question, and get an honest answer, so stick around, and you're bound to learn a lot, and meet some great friends. billymagg

Oh, and as some have expressed concerns about solvents/chemicals, I would suggest very hot soapy water for those deep cleans after several extended range sessions, followed up by a good warm hairdryer and light lube in all the appropriate places.

Last edited by BillyMagg; 03-09-2014 at 10:22 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: