View Single Post

Old 03-13-2014, 08:14 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default DSC gun?

I also lucked into a Victory model. My father in law was an employee of Chevron up until 2000. By his recollection he purchased this revolver from an old inventory held by their security division. The inventory was carried from the days of Standard oil. The gun is in unfired condition. it has some minor finish damage due to the nails coming loose in the box and floating around in the box. It's serial is V620342. The numbers match on the bottom of the barrel, back of cylinder and butt of gun. Just guessing by responses in the thread this would mean April-May 1944.

It came in the plywood box shown as well as a complement of cartridges and oil. I'd guess from reading the thread that it is a DSC gun as there are no US property markings or armorers marks indicating it was inventoried. I wonder about the box as it was noted elsewhere on the thread that the guns shipped in cardboard boxes? I'm curious as to value as well. My father in law thinks he paid in the neighborhood of $30 in the 1980s. Should I spend the money to get the authenticity letter?

Imgur Page here

Last edited by desertplinker; 03-13-2014 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Updated link