View Single Post

Old 03-19-2014, 06:42 PM
US Veteran

Liked 7,914 Times in 2,848 Posts

The thing that bothers me about these "what if" scenarios is that someone invariably jumps in and tells me that the fact that I am armed invests me with some moral “duty to respond”.

I’m more likely to win the lottery 6 times than I am to come upon something as clear cut as mad man stabbing school children to death.

As I said earlier my first duty is to my family and until they are safe I have no other duty.

So given the most likely scenario, my wife and I in an active shooter scenario the first thing I’m going to do is get her out of the AO or failing that under some actual hard cover. I will do nothing else until that is accomplished and once that is accomplished I will assess and go from there.

As for getting in an altercation between two other people, I learned about that the hard way at work several years ago.

I had a couple arguing in the facility I worked at (parking garage next to several bars wonderful place to be on Friday night). He grabbed her pulled back his fist and said he was going to beat her ***. My partner and I stepped in, pointed a can of OC spray at the guy and his woman went absolutely nuts on us for threatening “her man”.

We told her to stay put and him to leave the property. As soon as he did we asked her if she wanted us to call the police for her, she replied that she wanted to go with her boyfriend so we let her.

By the time we got to the top of the building they were a block away and he was beating the Hell out of her so we called the cops. They came by after arresting him and told us she refused to press charges.

Never again