View Single Post

Old 03-25-2014, 03:00 PM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts

This will sound condescending, but I don't intend it that way. I think this is very important though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LL617 View Post
I had read, I will try to find the link, not to go for centermass but to go for a lung. Then, if necessary, the femoral artery.
This is very poor advice.

The first shot is always at center mass. Why? First because it's the largest target. Aim small, miss small. So, you always want to pick the largest target presented. Second, this is generally where the vital organs are. Shooting toward a lung means you'll be aiming off center. The heart is in the center. If you miss the heart, you'll get a lung, but if you hit the heart, the fight is over.

Cutting the femoral artery is almost a guarantee that the person will die. However, it is a REALLY small target. Most of us can't shoot a group smaller than 2" at 7 yards under time pressure. How do you expect to hit a target that is smaller than 10mm(less than 1/2") while trying to protect yourself? AND, you have no idea where it is under the skin. So, hitting an artery in the leg is lucky at best and it still won't incapacitate the bad guy right away.

So, put these thoughts out of your mind. Concentrate on the center of the mass presented.