View Single Post

Old 03-26-2014, 04:10 PM

Liked 141 Times in 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastoff View Post
I hear you, but observation goes right out the window when confronted with a gun for most people. I mean, I agree that all the things you mention could change how you respond. Alas, having the barrel of a gun pointed at you, usually limits your perception.

I'm not saying you can't, but I'd like to test this.

I teach a gun take away technique that is very effective. However, it doesn't work unless you get closer than 5 feet. We practice it by having the "bad guy" say "bang" as soon as the defender moves. I'm slow, but I haven't been shot yet and I've always gotten the gun. From 5 feet I think the defender would always get shot.

This is just a thought and I'm not "calling you out" or anything like that. I'd just like to work with you and learn. I'm always open to learning more.
I trained with an (both parties verified) unloaded J-frame. So it wasn't a matter of someone saying "bang!" it was when the hammer struck. We didn't measure distance really, but I was within one step and a reach, which I would approximate to 5 feet. I understand, it is abit of a bold claim, and I will admit dependent on the attacker not using the "retention" position I was taught, but I don't know anyone who naturally holds a gun that way.