Thread: MODEL 59 DEVEL?
View Single Post

Old 03-27-2014, 07:43 PM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default Devel Model 59

I had a Devel 59 built in the early eighties. I chose the "Function and Reliability" package, but did not have the pistol cut down. I wanted to keep it full size and tailor it to my needs/desires.

At my request, I had a Packmayr grip fitted. This is the only Devel I have ever seen personally with that grip from Devel, although it is very possible they did others.

A lot of trimming and tuning was done inside. The loose barrel retainer in front is now fixed and the barrel fit is considerable tighter.

I have probably fired 1000 or so rounds through it over the years and never had a single functional issue. It shoots anything I put in it flawlessly.

But the best part is that it just feels right to me. I was recently giving a friend some pointers on a new Sig 9mm he had just purchased and my "old" Devel was an easy match for his Sig.

My Devel has always been special to me. I only recently began to know the full history of the company as well as the founder's strange demise.

I know that I still love to shoot that sucker and it is just fascinating to guys at the range.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg No sn.jpg (174.1 KB, 216 views)
The Following 2 Users Like Post: